Dental implantology is the most advanced technique that we currently have to replace lost dental pieces. Thanks to it, it is possible to recover the functionality and aesthetics of the mouth in a fixed and lasting way.
In order to guarantee a quality service, at Cenyt Dental we pay special attention to treatment planning. We have the latest technology so that we can perform complete studies of each case before beginning surgery.
Through advanced radiology such as the Dental TAC, our specialists can accurately analyze the exact situation of bone and soft tissues and anticipate the need for some type of regeneration in advance.
At our clinic in Estepona we only work with high quality materials that allow us to achieve reduced integration periods, maximum resistance and durability, as well as a high aesthetic degree.
The loss or absence of a tooth can cause lack of self-esteem and some shyness when smiling naturally. Not only does it affect our physical appearance, but dental loss can initiate a process in which the pieces move inside the archway to the empty space. Another direct consequence is that this situation prevents correct mastication and can even alter speech. Lengthening dental replacement over time can damage the structure of the maxillary bone.
Going back to showing a healthy and natural smile is possible thanks to the treatment with dental implants that we carry out in our dental clinic in Estepona. It is the most durable, effective and discreet solution to the loss of teeth that, apart from that, gives you a look very similar to that one of natural teeth.
What is a dental implant?
A dental implant is an artificial titanium root that replaces natural teeth, either because a previous extraction was necessary or because there was an absence of them. It will be on this base where we will place the crown, (the visible part of the implant) that imitates the shape and color of the tooth.
During the treatment of dental implants the rest of the pieces that are in good condition remain intact, focusing only on restoring the lack of teeth. The placement of a dental implant is carried out through a surgical intervention and always under local anesthesia.
Depending on the needs of our patients, we adapt the treatment of dental implants:
- Unitary implants are the solution for those patients who have lost a single tooth. You can recover all the functionality of your mouth and smile again without complexes.
- Bridge over implant, which is indicated for people who have lost more than two teeth in a row.
- Fixed prosthesis on four or more implants; they are dental prostheses of the entire full arch that are attached to the implants.
Benefits of dental implants
- They prevent bone loss caused by the gap left by the missing tooth.
- They improve chewing by making it possible to reuse all the teeth again.
- Osseo integration occurs, that is, the bone and the dental implant heal creating a strong and solid union.
- They are a very durable option.
- They return the natural aesthetic of our mouth.
- They improve self-esteem.